Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No one "has it all" when you look close.

Lately I have been worried about our house that we still have not been able to sell or rent.. I pray about it (almost) daily, and some days more often than others.

If Steve and I were smart, we would fast about this. (It is really hard for me to not go off on a tangent about the church today and lack of teaching about fasting!)
However, it also reminds me how blessed we are and how thankful I should be about all that we have. We have food. More than enough food :). Every day. We don't wonder when our next meal will be - no, we wonder WHAT we will eat out of all our choices! We have a bed, a roof over our head. And not just a roof, but one that doesn't leak. We have AC when it is hot outside and we have a heater to warm it up when it is cold. We have more clothes than we have room for. Dressers stuffed full, boxes, and closets full of clothes. And they are CLEAN. We have a washer and dryer and soap to clean them. Every day.
We are rich. God has always taken care of us, through thick and thin.

Something that has been on my heart a little bit has also been that I have been a very poor steward of money in the past. It is tempting to think - "Oh, when we finally get rid of that house we can take an exotic vacation!" Or, "We can really start investing" (Okay, that last one wasn't so bad) the point is - my thoughts are immediately selfish! What can WE do for OURSELVES with that money. BAD KAREN. And I can't help but let my thoughts wonder to - Is this a lesson? And we won't get the house sold/rented until I learn this so I can be a better steward of what God has given me??

There are really SO many things I need to work on - and I know that God is working on me. Little by little every day! ;) Focus today: BE THANKFUL AND THANK GOD! THINK OF WAYS TO BETTER SERVE & RESPECT/LOVE MY HUSBAND. KEEP THOUGHTS PURE AND FOCUS ON GOD RATHER THAN FITNESS/HEALTH AND NOT COMPARE MYSELF WITH ANYONE ELSE.




Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Hebrews 13:5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment