Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday!

I have come to like & even look forward to Mondays ~ I never thought I'd say that! I have been going to a women's Bible study that I really enjoy. Everyone is so sweet & friendly. We are going through a Beth Moore study, James Mercy Triumphs. It's pretty in depth and I have really enjoyed it so far. My week consists of training, eating, feeding my husband breakfast, lunch, & dinner (it makes me so happy!!) and chores. I do little crafts every now and then like scrap booking, or just last week I made a tutu for my half-marathon at the end of the month. But I haven't really made friends here, yet, so Monday the day I look forward to getting out of the house and being with other women for an hour and a half. :)

We had our picture in the Sunday paper here in town. Now, I am pretty sure half the town already knew who at least my husband was - now the other half knows who we are! It's so weird that whereever I go people know us!! I love it, and it was what I have wanted for a while. I love the feeling of close community. Literally every where we go, we run into people who either already know who we are, or have heard about us and are happy to meet us in person. Crazy! I really like it, though, and hope we get to stay here for a while. I think I can confidently speak for Steve and myself when I say we feel so blessed and are so thankful to God that we are here. And we didn't know what we were going to do or where we were going to go - but God sure pointed us to Woodward and I'm so thankful that He did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this recipe I just HAVE to share. I have been eating it as a snack most days. I can't remember what blog I found it on - it could have been from pinterest. I have found a ton of similar recipes but not this exact one that I've been hooked on. It's called something like Protein Mug Cake.

I usually do not bother with loosening the cake from the mug onto a plate. I did today, just to share what it looks like. But I usually eat it right out of the mug. YUM!! I haven't tried any topping on it, I eat it as is. Now, seriously, if you know me at all, you know I take my junk food seriously and I can be quite a pig. Honestly. I can't make brownies or cookies wihout eating half the batch. No joke. This mug cake totally tastes somewhere in between chocolate cake & brownie. I love that it doesn't leave me craving more, though. It is totally enough & satisfies my sweets craving.

Warning!  This thing expands!! It has been explained to me very scientifically by my genious husband why a woman should not stand in front of a microwave while it is running. Guard your eggs! I won't get into that. BUT - I had to strategically hide my lower body behind the dryer while watching to make sure this did not overflow the mug. I used a big mug, too! I have to lower the power wattage & cook a little more than one minute. Yes. Yes, my washer and dryer are in the kitchen. And I don't care. It's a rental. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment